In 1982, we started Able ARTS Work with three clients. Today we serve more than 3,000 individuals annually, all over Southern California. Our guiding philosophy “Love before Learning” ensures that each and every one is welcomed and cherished as an individual, and has opportunities every day for self-expression, personal growth and joy.
“Music and art are an everyday part of our clients’ lives, encouraging self-expression while building intellectual and motor skills, choice and decision making, social interaction and personal accomplishment.”
- Helen Dolas, Founder | CEO
Love Before Learning. Learn for Life.
Always be the first to know about what's going on with our organization. Sign up for our newsletter and join our social community.
ArtBeat Radio is a potpourri of short podcasts featuring ideas, thoughts, and creativity of adults with disabilities.
Improve your community by joining our cause. You'd be surprised at what a huge difference a little bit of your time can make.
Able ARTS Work is currently seeking the following volunteers at each program site:
- ART Center, Long Beach: office help, updating client files, clerical and organizational assistance - 2 days a week for a few hours
- TAP II, Gardena: clerical and organizational assistance, cleaning out art closets and assisting in the garden
- CECA, Hawthorne: regularly scheduled and consistent volunteer, help in the kitchen
- EPI, Hawthorne: volunteers for classroom assistance, help in the kitchen
Interested in these opportunities? Click on the photo to get in touch!